WIEN CAREER CENTRE
WIEN is committed to mentoring and developing talents in the energy space through the following methods
- Develop: Organizing webinars and training sessions in partnership with corporates and academic institutions.
- Sponsor: Commit to promote STEM education anchored by a retired professional, and a rigorous screening process and sponsor them for higher education.
- Mentor: Support young girls in industry, recruit Industry veterans as mentors and faculty
- Career: Organize a career day event once a year, host recruiters and talented female talent
The WIEN Career Center is free to all job seekers; however, only WIEN member organizations can post available positions.
Administrative Assistant, Women in Energy Network
The Women in Energy Network is an association established in 2020 to provide a platform for Women that promotes the participation and advancement of women in leadership across the Energy Industry value chain in support of national development; to network and build confidence and links to progress their careers or businesses. WIEN’s purpose is to:
• Address representation of women in the leadership positions across the energy sector to drive performance and delivery
• Enhance the quality of decision making through diverse and holistic approach to ideas generation
• Advocate for policies and regulations in the energy sector to attract and exploit the potential of
women in value creation
• Leverage the nature and nurture capabilities of women in domestication
• Seek transfer of skills and capabilities across the various sectors in the Energy industry
• Platform for women across entrepreneurial, corporate and government entities
The Administrative Assistant will support the Executive Secretary in running the Network’s secretariat, reporting to the Executive Secretary. The individual will be responsible in carrying out the administrative duties of the association to achieve the overall objectives of the network. This individual will be expected to be maintain a directory of members and support the needs of the secretariat.
• Draft replies to official letters and get approvals.
• Support in the Implementation and management of program and interventions to ensure the goals
• Maintain a filing system for events and documents management (virtual and physical)
• Perform data entry jobs
• Prepare progress reports (Monthly Key Performance Indicator- KPI) on the overall effectiveness
of WIEN and its programs and initiatives
• Track project deliverables using appropriate tools.
• Develop proposals for programs and events working with the Executive Secretary.
• A University Business degree.
• Strong administrative with basic financial skills.
• Understand internal communications, policy and technology
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to establish credibility quickly.
• Good communication
• Team working
• Organization and time management
• Customer service and relationship building
• Attention to detail
• Proficient in the use of Office tools (soft and hardware)
OTHER KEY ATTRIBUTES
• Commitment to the progress and empowerment of women
• Ability to demonstrate commitment, consistency and fairness
• Tact and diplomacy
• Ability to be proactive your initiative to prioritize
• Experience with membership associations
Women’s Voice Leadership – Project Monitor
The Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development (DFATD) seeks to hire a Project Monitor (Consultant) for the Women’s Voice & Leadership Project in Nigeria. The Monitor should specialize in gender equality, participatory or feminist monitoring and evaluation, and working with women’s rights organizations for the purpose of monitoring project(s).
Associate, Energy Consulting
EM-ONE is an engineering, technology and consulting firm with over 10 years of experience delivering sustainable energy solutions and smart electricity infrastructure to West Africa. We have worked closely with donors, private sector players and leading technology partners to build over 400 solar microgrids for both rural communities and commercial & industrial applications. Our work helps our clients of all sizes increase their efficiency, leverage clean technology, and develop new and innovative energy services.